COMPUTER SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
Unit Name :
Systems Development and Modern Database Practices
Written report: Scenario-based Database System including SQL implementation
Note: This grade is provisional until agreed by the Field Examination Board.
Work received after the date shown will not be marked and you will receive a fail grade for the unit. The University will not accept responsibility for non-receipt of work unless the work has been returned by Recorded Delivery and proof of postage can be produced.
Please Note: Work presented in an assessment must be the student’s own. Plagiarism is where a student copies work from another source, published or unpublished (including the work of a fellow student) and fails to acknowledge the influence of another’s work or to attribute quotes to the author. Plagiarism is an academic offence.
CIS020-2: Systems Development and Modern Database practices
Referral Individual Assignment 2 Brief
CIS020-2: Individual Referral Assignment – 2 Brief
Your task for this assessment is to write a report, which explains how the below data is normalised and create the Oracle SQL code to create the structure.
The following steps should be carried out and presented clearly in your report:
1) You should normalise the above table, stepping through 1st normal form, 2nd normal form and 3rd normal form, explaining in detail each respective normalisation phase and justify why you have taken the steps you have.
2) Once you have normalised the tables, draw a full Entity Relationship (ER) diagram of the final normalised tables, using the notation specified during lectures.
3) Write the Oracle SQL Code to create the tables and relationships identified in your normalisation (Note: There is no need to write the commands to insert the data)
- Written report submission (100%)
- Submit report using the TURNITIN in BREO and optionally a hard copy to the university assignments submissions office, adjacent to the main reception desk at Park Square.
- Ensure an assignment top sheet is included at the start of both electronic and hard copies.
- The client has requested that you do not add any additional codes/id numbers. Only use the data they have provided.
- You should be as efficient as possible, so only store data that you cannot calculate otherwise
- People can own more than one franchise
- VAT is a fixed tax percentage (20%) applied to all types of item
- The manager of a branch is always an employee of that branch
- Each Branch has different numbers of each item in stock
- An Item’s price will be the same in all branches