Critically discuss theories, concepts and definitions of mental health, mental wellbeing and mental illness.
The primary theme of the paper is Critically discuss theories, concepts and definitions of mental health, mental wellbeing and mental illness. in which you are required to emphasize its aspects in detail. The cost of the paper starts from $79 and it has been purchased and rated 4.9 points on the scale of 5 points by the students. To gain deeper insights into the paper and achieve fresh information, kindly contact our support.
Issues in Mental Wellbeing
1. Critically discuss theories, concepts and definitions of mental health, mental wellbeing and mental illness.
2. Identify and discuss the determinants of mental health and wellbeing ranging from those located in individual psychology to the wider social determinants.
3. Appraise and analyse the evidence relating to the impact of poor mental health and wellbeing on individuals and society
4. Examine and assess factors that can positively influence mental health on a range of levels including individual health as well as local, national and global issues.
During the module you will be developing your understanding of mental health through work done in classroom sessions, through discussion and by your own reading and research.
1. Choose one of the following statements about mental wellbeing that is of interest to you
• There is no health without mental health; the time to act is now (World Health Organisation)
• People with mental illness commonly describe the stigma and discrimination they face as being worse than their main condition (Graham Thornicroft: Shunned).
• Good mental health is an essential and precious individual, family and community resource (National Mental Health Development Unit (NMHDU))
• Stress at work is a big problem; together we can successfully manage and prevent it (Health & Safety Executive).
2. Carry out research and identify a range of factors that influence mental health and wellbeing both at the level of the individual and his/her wider community.
3. Select at least two factors to explore in more depth
4. Discuss your choice and outline your assignment plan to your tutor before proceeding any further
5. Analyse and evaluate the evidence relating to your chosen theme and discuss your findings with the rest of the group in a seminar session
Summative assessment (1500words):
6. With reference to your selected topics, discuss the impact of poor mental health on individuals, the family and at the level of the community. You must provide evidence to support your argument.
7. Suggest some positive action(s) that could be taken to improve mental health and well-being on a range of levels.
8. Evaluate the effectiveness of these interventions / actions. Cite some examples that support your recommendations.