Understanding Operations, Logistics and Supply Chain Management
The primary theme of the paper is Understanding Operations, Logistics and Supply Chain Management in which you are required to emphasize its aspects in detail. The cost of the paper starts from $129 and it has been purchased and rated 4.9 points on the scale of 5 points by the students. To gain deeper insights into the paper and achieve fresh information, kindly contact our support.
Learning outcomes assessed within this piece of work as agreed at the programme level meeting
On successful completion of this module students will be able to
1. Knowledge outcome – You will be able to develop your understandings of operations, logistics and SCM in organisations and how these contribute to organisational success
2. Intellectual /transferable skills outcome – You will be able to consider a complex scenario related to operations, logistics and SCM and apply quantitative or qualitative techniques to contribute to its solution.
Instructions for assessment
Your summative assessment for this module takes the form of an essay in 2500 words. This is an individual assignment. You must choose an organisation or business which is either an automotive company (manufacturing industry) or a hospital (service sector). You need to produce an essay elaborating on the key operation, logistics and supply chain management issues faced by the operations and supply chain manager(s) in this particular organisation / business.
You can collect data from resources like websites, books, journal articles and grey reports. Some case studies are available to help you collect required data. It makes sense to select a company where you work, have worked or know people who work there.
By focusing on the operational and supply chain issues, you should seek to identify and clarify how the operation functions and supports the market that it serves. What service delivery system (s) or manufacturing process (es) does it use? What infrastructure does it use to manage these delivery systems? And how, together, do these support the market (s) that it serves? A critical, detailed and relevant analysis should be made of the various components.
Based on your analysis, you are expected to make recommendations about how the business can improve its performance. Consider triple bottom line - described as the incorporation of economic, environmental and social factors as the three dimensions of sustainability in business practice - in your analysis.
As it might be impossible to analyse all the areas of operations, logistics and supply chain management, you should also decide which area (s) to cover in your discussion. Therefore, choose two of the following areas in managing operations, logistics and supply chain.
• New product/ service development and process
• Managing quality • Location and Layout
• Managing people in operation and supply chains
• Logistics mix: Channels, networks, transportation, managing inventory and capacity
• Managing business relationships in supply chains
• JIT and Lean