Home Solutions i.When is the release date of Ubuntu 14.04? What is its project code name?
We write, we don’t plagiarise! Every answer is different no matter how many orders we get for the same assignment. Your answer will be 100% plagiarism-free, custom written, unique and different from every other student.
I agree to receive phone calls from you at night in case of emergency
Please share your assignment brief and supporting material (if any) via email here at: [email protected] after completing this order process.
The primary theme of the paper is i.When is the release date of Ubuntu 14.04? What is its project code name? in which you are required to emphasize its aspects in detail. The cost of the paper starts from $199 and it has been purchased and rated 4.9 points on the scale of 5 points by the students. To gain deeper insights into the paper and achieve fresh information, kindly contact our support.
This question tests your knowledge of the history and key principles of Linux.
• a.Answer each of the following questions with a sentence or two.
o i.When is the release date of Ubuntu 14.04? What is its project code name?
o ii.In Linux, what is the main function of the kernel?
o iii.In the Linux boot process, what is the role of the init program?
o iv.In a Linux file system, what kind of files are stored in the /var directory?
o v.In Linux, which command is used to change file permissions? If you set the permissions of a file with octal values of 755, who can execute the file?
• b.In Linux, what are the two main types of user interfaces that can be used for file management? Describe the main benefits and drawbacks of using each of these interfaces for file management. You should write no more than 120 words for this part of the question.
• c.In Linux, what is virtual memory? Include in your answer a brief description of what virtual memory is and the main benefits and drawback of using virtual memory. You should write no more than 200 words for this part of the question.
This question tests your practical skills of using Linux.
• a.Use the Software Centre or the command line counterpart to find a free Tetris game package which allows you to play the game on your computer. How many Tetris game packages did you find? Describe how you found them. State your preferred Tetris game package and explain why you chose this package. You should write no more than 100 words for this part of the question.
• b.Now install the Tetris game package and briefly describe the installation procedure. Your explanation should include three screenshots: one shows the description of the Tetris game package, another shows it being installed and a final one shows the completion screen. Each screenshot should be accompanied by a brief description of what is going on in the screenshot. You should write no more than 100 words for this part of the question.
• c.Once installed, try out the Tetris game package to confirm it is functioning correctly. Describe how you i) set up the game package, and ii) play the game. Your description should include three screenshots: the first one shows the initial screen when the game is open, the second one shows the game being played and the third one shows the end of the game. Each screenshot should be accompanied by a brief description of what is going on in the screenshot. You should write no more than 100 words for this part of the question.
This question tests your ability to communicate and discuss topics about Linux.
Imagine you have a spare 8-year old PC running Windows XP. Given its age and the end of support for Windows XP from Microsoft, you are considering replacing Windows XP with a light-weight Linux operating system. The PC will continue to be for general home use purpose, i.e., word processing, browsing the web and checking emails. The basic hardware specification of the PC is shown below:
• CPU: Intel Pentium IV 2.8 GHz (32-bit)
• Memory: 1 GB
• Hard Disk: Type: IDE, Size: 250 GB
• Display: SVGA adaptor and monitor
• Peripherals: CD-Rom drive, USB ports, mouse, keyboard, sound card and network adapter.
Investigate whether this PC is suitable to run a Linux operating system for general home use. Your investigation should look at the minimum hardware required, the availability of a light-weight Linux distribution and suitability of the intended purpose.
Write a short document based on your investigation. In this document you should cover the following points:
• The name of the light-weight Linux distribution you found and choose and list three of its key features. Explain why these features are important for the intended purpose.
• The minimum recommended hardware requirement to run your chosen light-weight Linux distribution. Provide a reference to your information source. The requirement of your chosen Linux distribution must not exceed the hardware specification of the spare PC stated above.
• An outline of how you would prepare, install, configure and test the software.
• Whether you would recommend that others possessing a similar old PC replace Windows XP with a light-weight Linux operating system. Briefly justify your recommendation.