• Provide a critical and systematic view of the major perspectives, theoretical approaches, principles and activities in international marketing management
The primary theme of the paper is • Provide a critical and systematic view of the major perspectives, theoretical approaches, principles and activities in international marketing management in which you are required to emphasize its aspects in detail. The cost of the paper starts from $79 and it has been purchased and rated 4.9 points on the scale of 5 points by the students. To gain deeper insights into the paper and achieve fresh information, kindly contact our support.
The aims of this unit are to:
- Provide a critical and systematic view of the major perspectives, theoretical approaches, principles and activities in international marketing management;
- Review critically theoretical frameworks both for the analysis of international marketing environments and for the development of marketing programmes within them;
- Develop analytical skills to explore the issues raised by different international market situations and provide appropriate recommendations in response to them.
Having completed this unit the student is expected to demonstrate:
- A critical and systematic understanding of the key theoretical approaches informing international marketing management and of when and how to apply them in different marketing circumstances;
- An ability to analyse complex marketing environments, using appropriate techniques, and to understand the implications of the opportunities and issues which they present;
- An ability to critically evaluate options and then make recommendations for the development and management of international marketing programmes appropriate to different international markets, using appropriate theoretical frameworks.
LEARNING AND TEACHING METHODS
This unit handbook and other relevant materials, including lecture slides, recorded lectures will be available from myBU for viewing, downloading and printing. These resources can be found under the Unit Materials tab in myBU unless indicated otherwise.
MyBU will be used to post important announcements, facilitate discussions, and upload articles and links. It is therefore essential that you check the site on a regular basis.
Analysis of the international marketing environment using the PESTLE macro framework, with particular emphasis on culture and economic factors. Theories of internationalization and trade.
Consideration of the information needs of international marketers, both to select appropriate markets and to develop marketing mixes within them; exploration of the issues involved in collecting research data internationally.
Product and Service
International branding options, including defining global brands and examining the issues involved in creating them. New product development. Product adaption vs standardization. Characteristics of services, after sales servicec.
Distribution and Market Entry Decisions
Considerations involved in selecting and then managing channels of distribution appropriate to different market and company situations. Logistics.
Examination of the issues and alternative approaches relating to developing promotional campaigns across markets. Relationship and viral marketing.
Consideration of the factors involved in the pricing decision. Determining pricing tactics for international markets.
International Planning and Control and Company Organisation
Development of international marketing plans; monitoring and control mechanisms. Measuring performance.