Explain the standards that apply to working as a Professional within the IT industry
The primary theme of the paper is Explain the standards that apply to working as a Professional within the IT industry in which you are required to emphasize its aspects in detail. The cost of the paper starts from $129 and it has been purchased and rated 4.9 points on the scale of 5 points by the students. To gain deeper insights into the paper and achieve fresh information, kindly contact our support.
Unit 5.40 Ethical, Legal and Regulatory Issues and Professional Responsibilities in IT
Level 5 12 Credits
ATHE Level 5 Diploma in Computing (QCF)
To achieve this unit, learners must achieve the learning outcomes and meet the standards specified by the assessment criteria for this unit. Additional guidance is provided on the ATHE sample assignment brief.
You have gained a post as an IT Technician at the Pad Podiatry Clinic (PPC), which is a private clinic with a wide range of patients with foot ailments. This role is varied and will allow you to demonstrate both business computing and technical computing skills. As part of your induction programme you need to create a Personal Reflective Journal which will be in several parts. You will need to assess yourself against IT professional standards and produce a journal on ethical and legal issues relating to the use of IT.
- Explain the standards that apply to working as a Professional within the IT industry.
- Carry out your own personal self-assessment against the professional knowledge, skills and competencies that are required to work in the professional IT industry. Summarise the assessment you have made.
- Use the self-assessment to produce a personal development plan showing how you will address any of the weaknesses you have identified.
LO3 Assessment criteria, 3.1, 3.2, 3.3
This section of the journal will demonstrate your understanding of ethical issues relating to the use of IT in organisations. You should use examples to support your work. Produce:
- a critical evaluation of current ethical issues in IT
- a critical review of how ethical IT working practices can be developed within organisations
- an explanation of the ethical issues that relate to data mining
In the final part of this section you must select and name an organisation.
- Evaluate the impact of current ethical issues on this chosen organisation.
- Evaluate the impact of legal or regulatory issue in IT on your chosen organisation
LO1 Assessment Criteria 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 1.5
LO2 Assessment Criteria 2.2
This final section of the journal will allow you to show your understanding of the legal and regulatory issues relating to the use of IT in organisations. Produce:
- an evaluation of current legal and regulatory issues that relate to the use of IT in organisations
- an explanation of a contracting process relating to any aspect of IT development
- an assessment of the impact of legislation on human computer interaction including recommendations for PPC to ensure staff carry out their roles within ethical and legal/regulatory requirements.
LO2 Assessment criteria 2.1, 2.3, 2.4