Describe two orientations of marketing, highlighting the advantages and disadvantages of each (300 words)
The primary theme of the paper is Describe two orientations of marketing, highlighting the advantages and disadvantages of each (300 words) in which you are required to emphasize its aspects in detail. The cost of the paper starts from $119 and it has been purchased and rated 4.9 points on the scale of 5 points by the students. To gain deeper insights into the paper and achieve fresh information, kindly contact our support.
In this assignment, you are supposed to present an Individual marketing report related to the case of “EasyJet plc” provided below giving the necessary answers to the questions that are divided into the 4 tasks, undertake the information provided. Read the case thoroughly and provide a summarise report with the key findings.
Individual - Marketing report Case
EasyJet plc is a United Kingdom-based low-cost airline carrier. It was founded in 1995 and is now the largest airline in the United Kingdom. EasyJet operates on over 820 routes across more than 30 countries with its fleet of over 250 Airbus aircrafts. EasyJet’s total fleet of aircrafts is split between 156-seat Airbus A319s, 180-seat A320s and 186-seat A320s. It is also focused on operating its fleet of A320 new aircrafts. EasyJet’s bases include the United Kingdom, Switzerland, Italy, France (Paris, Charles de Gaulle, Lyon and Toulouse), Amsterdam, Venice, Oporto, Lisbon and Barcelona. It operates in airports, such as Gatwick, Edinburgh, Nice, Milan Malpensa, Venice Marco Polo, Naples, Basel and Geneva (Easyjet, 2018).
As a newly appointed marketing assistant of the EasyJet marketing team, you have been asked to write a report addressing the following task areas:
(Word count below is indicative)
Task 1: Evolution of marketing (LO1)
- Describe two orientations of marketing, highlighting the advantages and disadvantages of each (300 words)
- Identify and explain the orientation adopted by EasyJet, and provide two (2) examples that demonstrate EasyJet’s use of the approach (200 words)
Task 2: Marketing environments (LO2, 3)
- Identify and discuss one legal factor and one technological factor that could impact EasyJet’s business operations and consumers buyer behaviour (400 words)
Task 3: Marketing strategies (LO3)
- Explain how psychographic segmentation differs from demographic segmentation (200 words)
- Discuss one type of segmentation that would be considered the most valuable for EasyJet to use when segmenting the market (200 words).
Task 4: Marketing Mix (LO1, 4, 5 6)
- Identify and describe – EasyJet’s product and service offering – EasyJet’s pricing strategies – the place where EasyJet’s products/services are sold ensuring you provide detailed descriptions and examples (400 words)
- The Marketing Director has announced a new objective for the company:
To increase EasyJet’s holiday package purchases by 14% by December 2018
In order to communicate EasyJet’s holiday package offering, the marketing director requires you to prepare:
- An advert to promote the “Holiday Packages” in the form of a poster (A4 or A5 size) supported by images and text
- The advert should be appealing to both internal and external stakeholders (i.e. employees as well as customers).
- The advert content must include image/s and brief written message/s that will increase awareness of EasyJet’s Holiday packages
- A supported rationale to include:
- A description of the target audience and the response sought in relation to the new objective (100 words) o An explanation of advertising and the benefits and limitations of using advertising in communications (100 words)
- An outline of the chosen channel to be used and the benefits and limitations of the chosen channel (100 words) o An explanation of the communications key message (50 words) o An explanation of how the ‘AIDA’ (Attention, Interest, Desire, and Action) marketing theory was used to design the advert (100 words)
- An explanation of how feedback will be collected (50 words)
- Summarise the reports key findings (200 words)