Data Communication and networkings
The primary theme of the paper is Data Communication and networkings in which you are required to emphasize its aspects in detail. The cost of the paper starts from $129 and it has been purchased and rated 4.9 points on the scale of 5 points by the students. To gain deeper insights into the paper and achieve fresh information, kindly contact our support.
Module Learning Outcomes Students who successfully complete this module will be able to:
1. Demonstrate a broad understanding of the knowledge base of this module, and its terminology and discourse (with specific reference to transmission media, data encoding, transmission modes, error detection and correction, flow control, multiplexing, switching techniques, and routing);
2. Identify and evaluate the principles and concepts underlying theoretical frameworks highlighted in this module, and demonstrate an ability to identify their strengths and weaknesses, especially in relation to the evolving networking scene (covering network topologies, protocols, layering, standardisation, LANs, WANs & MANs, internetworking, management, and multicast);
3. Collect and evaluate information from a variety of authoritative sources to inform a choice of solutions to standard data communication and network problems highlighted in this module, including online open source and subscription-only literature;
4. Evaluate the reliability of data and information provided in this module, using pre-defined techniques and/or criteria, especially in relation to free resources.
Learning outcomes assessed within this piece of work as agreed at the programme level meeting This assignment will assess the following learning outcomes:
3 Collect and evaluate information from a variety of authoritative sources to inform a choice of solutions to standard data communication and network problems highlighted in this module, including online open source and subscription-only literature;
4 Evaluate the reliability of data and information provided in this module, using pre-defined techniques and/or criteria, especially in relation to free resources.
Weighting 40% of the total module marks
Type of assessment: Individual Written Report: case study analysis (1500 words)
Assessment deadline: Individual Report to be submitted on 23/04/2018 (no later than 2pm). This should be submitted via Turnitin on Moodle as a Microsoft Word file.
This is an individual assignment based on the case study scenario presented below. This assignment will assess your understanding of the principles of wireless networks and the ability to research a common network problem. It will also assess your ability to evaluate the reliability of data and information especially in relation to free resources.
London Network Solutions (LNS) Ltd is a small-to-medium sized (SME) company based in London. The company specialises in wireless networking technology solutions. You have recently joined LNS as a research engineer and the company is working on developing a solution to solve a hidden node problem in a wireless communication network. The hidden node problem is also called a hidden terminal problem.
Your manager has done some initial research and identified the following methods that can be used to solve hidden node problems in wireless networks.
• Using omni-directional antennas.
• Increasing transmitting power from the nodes.
• Removing obstacles and/or obstructions.
• Moving the node.
• Using protocol enhancement software.
• Using antenna diversity.
• Wireless Central Coordinated Protocol.
Your manager has asked you to carry out research into the problem of hidden nodes and find a solution. You should use online open source materials, together with the subscription-only resources available to you via the University’s electronic library, to research the causes and solutions to hidden node problems. Using your research, you should develop a report which should address the following questions:
1) Explain the hidden node problem with the help of diagrams and discuss the causes of hidden node problems in wireless networks. Suggested word count is 550 words for this task. (40 marks)
2) Select any one of the methods listed in the scenario that can be used to address the hidden node problem. Using your research, you should explain how the method works and how it can solve the hidden node problem. You should also explore the circumstances in which the method you have chosen works effectively. Suggested word count is 550 words for this task.
3) As part of this assignment you will have used online open-source and subscription-only sources of information. You should now consider the reliability and quality of the information sources you used in your research, especially with regard to free resources. You should use the following criteria to evaluate the reliability of data and information used in this assignment and give examples as appropriate.
The suggested word count for this task is 400 words.