1. Explore key elements of what makes an effective team (process, task and relationship)
The primary theme of the paper is 1. Explore key elements of what makes an effective team (process, task and relationship) in which you are required to emphasize its aspects in detail. The cost of the paper starts from $99 and it has been purchased and rated 4.9 points on the scale of 5 points by the students. To gain deeper insights into the paper and achieve fresh information, kindly contact our support.
"Review and evaluate your experience and learning from leading and working within a team over the course of the module."
You will need to cover the four points below:
- Explore key elements of what makes an effective team (process, task and relationship).
- Define the key skills and capabilities needed to successfully lead and manage teams and discuss why they are important.
Based on points 1&2 above:
- Review and evaluate your role in the team and the contribution you made as both a follower and a leader (what did you do well? What do you wish you had done differently? What worked/did not work etc?).
What do you plan to do differently in future teamwork experiences?
What`s this module about? (Rationale)
This module is about effective team work, followership, management and leadership of teams in an organisational context. On this module we support you to learn both the academic content of the topic and to think about what kind of team worker, follower, management skills and competencies?
For every job you take or role you have in life that involves other people, you will be in a group or a team and take the role of a team member/follower or a leader. These areas often are cited towards the top of the desirable skills/competencies that employers are looking for. You will learn about different approaches and skills in team management and leadership and how to be an effective team member and follower. By working in a peer team to deliver a `Team-based Activity` you will develop some key skills e.g. communication, decision-making, performance evaluation, team work, engaging `followers`, presentation, self-confidence. Within seminars you will work on a range of relevant key skills and competencies e.g. team management and leadership skills, team coaching , decision-making, active listening, reflective practice.
Working on your own or with colleagues
Whilst you are expected to complete the individual assignment on your own, you will be working as a team to create and deliver an output. To do this, you will be put in a team and will work in a collegial and co-operative manner to achieve this team output. You should make use of other peoples` experiences and ideas throughout the module. It is essential that you contribute fully to all the sessions and that you listen to the information offered to you by other participants. This is a key element of the module and working collegially and co-operatively and will allow you to further develop skills and competencies in working with others and contributing to shared goals.
Task details & particular instructions to students
- This is an individual essay where students will explore appropriate theories, techniques and approaches to review and evaluate their experience of working on a team-based activity over the course of the module.
- The team-based activity involves students working in teams to research and evaluate a team leadership technique or approach which they will then share with their seminar group. Creativity in delivery will be encouraged including the use of media driven approaches e.g. developing a YouTube clip.