Introduction to Biological and Cognitive Psychology: Cognitive Essay.
This assignment will assess your knowledge and understanding of the Cognitive material covered in this module. The lectures and assignment support seminars should form the basis of your work in addition to your own further reading around the topic.
Choose ONE question from the two options below and write an essay using the question as your essay title.
- What processes of attention should be considered when trying to design an effective advertising campaign?
- Which theories and research findings about memory should be considered when making a successful advertisement?
Each question focuses on a different aspect of cognition, so you will need to focus your answer on Attention OR Memory. You must answer the question by clearly describingand evaluating the cognitive processes that you include in your essay. You should also support your answer using relevant findings from cognitive psychology.
When writing your essay, you may want to consider the following:
- What aspects of cognition directly influence how an individual will attend to, or remember an advertisement?
- How do these factors affect the success of adverts?
- What sorts of advertisements are successful and why?
REMEMBER – this is NOT an assignment about advertising. It is an assignment about cognitive processing. To achieve a good mark in this piece of work you should focus on theories and findings from cognitive psychology and then relate these to advertising.