1. Understand and critique project management theoretical frameworks and apply to practice in an international context
The primary theme of the paper is 1. Understand and critique project management theoretical frameworks and apply to practice in an international context in which you are required to emphasize its aspects in detail. The cost of the paper starts from $149 and it has been purchased and rated 4.9 points on the scale of 5 points by the students. To gain deeper insights into the paper and achieve fresh information, kindly contact our support.
6PJMN001W International Project Management
Learning Outcomes assessed by this assignment
- Understand and critique project management theoretical frameworks and apply to practice in an international context.
- Critically evaluate organisational cultures that encourage creativity, innovation and risk acceptance in the context of the management of international projects
- Critically evaluate the risk management strategies that project managers adopt to help organisations succeed in an uncertain or turbulent environment in an international context.
- Understand the concept of stakeholder management and how it is applied to international projects.
- Critically evaluate from a cross-cultural perspective the behavioural issues influencing the management of international projects.
This assignment represents 75% of the module overall mark.
The task: write an essay discussing the La Venta III project by answering the two questions below using the Vestas Case study available on BB. You are expected to read more about the case from material available in public domain.
- Answer to Question 1 should be between 1500 (min) and 1700 (max) words
- Answer to Question 2 should be between 1000 (min) and 1300 (max) words
- The total word count should not exceed 3000 words (excluding references, graphs, and appendices). If you use tables, these will be included in the word count. Type in an essay format.
- Use at least 5 references per question. References should include textbooks and journal articles.
- There is a +/-10% allowance on the word count (on both max and min).
- Abstract is NOT needed. A table of content is required.
Question 1: Discuss what went wrong in terms of stakeholder management in the case study. Using your own analysis of the case study and material found in the literature:
a) What would be your recommendation to improve the current situation with the stakeholders, particularly, the indigenous community?
b) Based on your recommendations, develop a schedule (plan) to show specific tasks to be taken with their estimated duration, to perform proper stakeholder management for the project La Venta III. Use a network diagram and a Gantt chart to present the schedule visually. No need to consider resources or cost. Make required assumptions.
Question 2: Discuss what type of leadership style would be most appropriate in the context of the Vestas project in Mexico and why it is the most appropriate. Using your own analysis of the case study and material found in the literature, discuss the importance of trust and how to build it in international projects with particular reference to the situation in the case study between Vestas on one hand and the local stakeholders including the indigenous communities on the other hand.
100% Plagiarism Free & Custom Written
Tailored to your instructions